Killarney will embrace the American Festivities this US Independence Day and celebrate the annual July 4th Festival from 7am until midnight on Tuesday July 4th 2017.
For four years running the town becomes party central and celebrates all things American with a magnificent parade, live street performers, music, a BBQ and many other colourful events. The Festival aims each year to honour the special connection between Ireland and the USA and ensures that all of our overseas visitors from the USA experience a piece of home on this special occasion.
The Events Guide for the Killarney 4th of July Festival is as follows:
- 7am: “Dawn Chorus” of the Star-Spangled Banner, as performed by The Shire Male Choir.
- Throughout the day Killarney be awash with the sound and colour of street entertainment including Brass Bands and Can-Can Girls and the vivacious Wild West Troupe will be spotted around town bringing delight to all watching.
- 4pm: Tickle your taste buds at the Celebration Charity BBQ at the Market Cross Area in aid of the Kerry Cancer Support Group.
- 5pm: Enjoy the striking music of the Gleneagle Pipe Band on Main St.
- 6pm: The town comes alive with Swing Dance and street entertainment.
- 8pm: The Big Parade begins and is sure to delight all ages before the evening’s fun and entertainment kicks off.
- 8.30pm – 10pm: Have some fun at the 4th of July Street Party.
- 10.30pm: Revisit the classic “Back to the Future” during a special screening in Killarney House in association with Kerry Film festival.
- 11.30pm: Complete a day to remember with a spectacular fireworks display which will light up the skies around Killarney town.
Contact our team for more information on this exciting day of fun.