A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen and is great for using up overripe bananas.
140g butter ,softened, plus extra for the tin
140 g caster sugar
2 large eggs ,beaten
140g self -raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 very ripe bananas ,mashed
50 g icing sugar
handful dried banana chips , for decoration
Method: 8 steps
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C Fan/gas 4
2. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment
3. Cream 140 g softened butter and 140 g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour
4. Fold in the remaining flour , 1tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas
5. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 min until a skewer come out clean.
6. Cool in thetin for 10 min ,then remove to wire rack.
7. Mix 50 g icing sugar with2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
8. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana crisps.
Check out our other recipes here