A facial steam not only helps you unwind and leave stress behind, but it also opens your pores so that the mask you apply is even more effective.
- A large bowl
- Very hot (but not boiling) water
- Some fresh herbs or a few drops of essential oils
- A medium-size towel
- Pour the hot water into the bowl and add the fresh herbs or essential oil of your choice.
- Put your face over the bowl and drape the towel over your head so that it covers the bowl as well, trapping the steam.
- Put your face near the water and breathe in the steam for at least 10 minutes.
- As it’s a hot water please be careful
When you skin is ready prepare one of the following masks - depends of you your skin needs.
Soothing Oat & Honey Mask
Oats and honey are timeless remedies for aging skin, some fine lines, wrinkles or your skin is particularly dry, try this mask
- ¼ cup oats
- cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or almond oil
- A few drops of essential oil
- Blend the oats and hot water in a blender or food processor until well blended. Add honey.
- add oils to the oats-and-honey mix. Mix well.
- Apply to face while still warm and leave on for at least 15 minutes. Rinse well with warm water.
Tip: You can make a double portion and use it in next day.
Hydrating Avocado Face Mask
Avocados are full of healthy fats, vitamins and it will do the magic on your skin, particularly when it’s dried out from the sun or neglect.
- Half an avocado
- 2 teaspoons honey
- mash the avocado well with a fork and Mix both ingredients in a bowl
- Apply to clean face.
- Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes, then rinse well with warm water and a washcloth or towel.