2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion , thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves ,crushed
Thumb-size piece ginger ,grated
6 chicken thighs , boneless and skinless
3 tbsp medium spice pasta
500g can chopped tomatoes
115 g full fat Greek yogurt
1 small bunch coriander (chopped leaves)
50 g ground almonds
Naan Breads or cooked Basmati rice to serve.
1. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish or large frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and a generous pinch of salt and fry for 8-10 mins, or until the onion has turned golden brown and sticky.
3. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking for a further minute.
4. Chop the chicken into chunky 3cm pieces, add to the pan and fry for 5 mins before stirring through the spice paste and tomatoes, along with 250ml water.
5. Bring to the boil, lower to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat uncovered for 25-30 mins or until rich and slightly reduced.
6. Stir though the yogurt, coriander and ground almonds, season and serve with warm naan or fluffy basmati rice.
Check out more recipes here