2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion , thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves ,crushed
Thumb-size piece ginger ,grated
6 chicken thighs , boneless and skinless
3 tbsp medium spice pasta
500g can chopped tomatoes
115 g full fat Greek yogurt
1 small bunch coriander (chopped leaves)
50 g ground almonds
Naan Breads or cooked Basmati rice to serve.
1. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish or large frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and a generous pinch of salt and fry for 8-10 mins, or until the onion has turned golden brown and sticky.
3. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking for a further minute.
4. Chop the chicken into chunky 3cm pieces, add to the pan and fry for 5 mins before stirring through the spice paste and tomatoes, along with 250ml water.
5. Bring to the boil, lower to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat uncovered for 25-30 mins or until rich and slightly reduced.
6. Stir though the yogurt, coriander and ground almonds, season and serve with warm naan or fluffy basmati rice.